A very special meeting for “U.S. Born People” or those who are otherwise “U.S. Persons” !(Naturalized U.S. citizens or Green Card holders)
Joining John Richardson will be Andrew Grossman
Discussing the “hot topic” of U.S. citizenship (including its liabilities in a FATCA and FBAR world)
In addition to focusing on the problems faced by those who agree they are U.S. citizens (to be a citizen or not to be a citizen …), this seminar will include consideration of …
- Why the US cannot automatically restore your citizenship without your consent
- The advantages of not making use of benefits of U.S. citizenship
- Why the U.S. cannot force those born abroad to accept U.S. citizenship
- Dominant Nationality & FATCA
- About the revenue rule: How is it affected by the Canada U.S. Tax Treaty? Is the Revenue Rule on the way out?
- Can the IRS place a lien on my assets even though I live in Canada?
The idea for this meeting grew out of Andy’s participation on a post at the Isaac Brock Society (Andy05).
“If anyone wants to follow up on issues I have raised, I will be in Montréal Dec. 1-3 & 5-6 and in Stanstead QC Dec. 3-5 and would be glad to meet for coffee and exchange views. I do not seek and scarcely ever accept clients but like to exchange views as an academic lawyer with a view to nationality law, cross-border tax and conflict of laws. French or English ok.”