@FareedZakaria Loved ur book "The Post – American World". Brilliant observation in Ch 7 pg 275 that US "needs to stop cowering in fear"!
— U.S. Citizen Abroad (@USCitizenAbroad) July 31, 2013
I have been reading a really good book by Fareed Zakaria called:
The book talks about a lot of things that are discussed on this blog. If nothing else I urge you to read Chapter 7 (the last chapter) titled “American Purpose”. In a general sense the book describes and offer specific strategies for what America must do to recover.
As Americans Abroad we observe what Homelanders cannot. We see time after time how the U.S. attacks everybody. What is the consequence? A rise in Anti-Americanism!
Here are six examples of U.S. attacks:
- the use of drones strikes which kill innocent people;
- the use of FATCA to attack the sovereignty of other nations;
- the use of Americans Abroad through the citizenship-based taxation to attack the economies of other countries;
- the brutal unprovoked, unprincipled, uncalled for and unjustified attack on its own citizens abroad;
- the use of the Patriot Act to end the constitutional rights of Homelanders;
- the use of PRISM to spy on the world.
The U.S. presumes everybody is a criminal. Now the U.S. has is the most frightened and paranoid country in the world (possible exception North Korea).