March 22, 2018 Canadian FATCA IGA litigation update:
The attorneys for our side (our side are Plaintiffs Gwen and Kazia, the Alliance for the Defence of Canadian Sovereignty — the “client”, and our supporters) and the attorneys for Mr. Justin Trudeau’s Government have just agreed on the timing for the next steps of our Canadian FATCA IGA lawsuit in Canada’s Federal Court.
Here is the new timetable for our litigation:
– Defence [the Government] evidence, except one expert report, filed April 16, 2018;
– Last defence expert report filed April 30, 2018;
– Notice of any objections to expert reports provided by June 15, 2018;
– CMC to discuss scheduling of any applications to strike all or portions of affidavits in
– Cross-examinations completed by July 31, 2018;
– Plaintiffs argument served and filed by September 28, 2018;
– Defence argument served and filed by November 16, 2018;
– Plaintiffs’ reply served and filed by December 7, 2018;
– Hearing the week of January 28, 2019, subject to the Court’s availability.
The key update is the hope/expectation that the Federal Court hearing will take place in January 2019.
Yes, I know that our litigation has been moving at a glacial pace. Sorry…